While everyone experiences low water pressure occasionally, you shouldn’t have to put up with it for long periods. Low pressure will make it difficult to take a shower and impacts your dishwasher, toilet, and other fixtures and appliances. You’ll also need proper water pressure to take care of daily tasks.
The Most Common Causes of Low Water Pressure
These are some of the most common causes of low water pressure. Be sure to call us if you are experiencing low water pressure, which could result from any of the following:
- Corroded Pipes: Pipes can break down due to oxidation, resulting in blockages or holes. Either of these factors can lower water pressure.
- Blocked Pipes: Debris like dirt, oil, food pieces, and grease can build up in your pipes and lower the water pressure.
- Closed Water Valves: If your valves are fully or even partially closed, the water pressure will be low or won’t run at all.
- High Water Demand: If your property has multiple plumbing fixtures in use, the increased demand can result in low pressure.
- Faulty Pressure Regulator: Water pressure regulators keep your water pressure at the proper level. If something is wrong with the pressure regulator, you can expect problems with the water pressure as well.
- Water Supply Issue: Sometimes, water pressure issues originate outside your property. A burst pipe or blockage in a municipal pipe could lead to no or low water pressure. Water authorities may also shut off or reduce flow as they perform maintenance or repair problems.
What to Do If You Have Low Water Pressure
If you notice low water pressure, first determine whether the problem is with your property or if it’s more widespread. Ask your neighbors if they’re experiencing problems and check local news sources and social media pages to see if there are any reports of burst pipes or water shut-offs in your area.
If the problem is limited to your property, call the experts at Liberty Plumbing for all the plumbing services you need to enjoy fully functional plumbing fixtures. We are the plumber trusted by residential and commercial clients throughout Northern Virginia. We would be happy to help find the source of your water pressure problems.
If you need any help with your plumbing, or if you’re due for a replacement, contact Liberty Plumbing today. Our experts would be happy to help you choose the right pipes for your home and can even install them for you. We’ll make sure your home has the plumbing it needs to last for many years to come.